Sunday, June 2, 2013

Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Review

Price: $83 



Seymour Duncan SH-4 uses completely balanced coil configuration to produce great harmonics and high output with right blend of sustain and distortion, which makes this pickup great for everything from heavy blues to heavy metal. Provides slammin' output while retaining singing highs. Goes from sweet warm tone to raw rock'n' roll. Compared to the SH-12 Custom 5, the JB has a stronger treble detail. This is for bridge position. For complete setup, often a JB is paired with Jazz Model SH-2, which is called "Seymour's Favorite". Works specially well with rosewood fingerboards. These pickup totally transformed my Stratocaster, even if it has a maple fingerboard. This is a video of me playing Master of Puppets by Metallica, for you to hear the sound of my guitar, after I installed the Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 on it:




This pickup came nicely, packed with a foam in a plastic case. Comes with screws, springs and wiring diagram. When it comes to durability, it will last lifetime to your guitar. I'm really satisfied for the price I paid for it. It's so easy to install, I'm just 14 year old when I installed it myself. You'll just need a soldering iron and you only need to follow the instructions given in wiring diagram. This pickup comes with four conductor hookup cable.  So If you want an all around pickup, I strongly suggest this Seymour Duncan SH-4 for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment